Precursor Games Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Denis Dyack, Sep 27, 2013.

1. XenoManso

XenoManso Inner Circle Ordo Community Champion Codex: Invisorum Artisan Scribe Resolute Honorable Superposition Ordo

Local Time:
    10:12 PM
    Glad to see you to RussFarmer :)
    • Like (positive) Like (positive) x 1
  2. 1289dude

1289dude Adept Ordo Resolute

Local Time:
    4:12 PM
    Lets hope the game builder guys here get back on track after the holidays. At least that'd be awesome.
    • Like (positive) Like (positive) x 2
    • Agree (positive) Agree (positive) x 2
  3. Martin W

Martin W Moderator Staff Member Codex: Invisorum Resolute Superposition Moderator Ordo

Local Time:
    We hope so!
    • Informative (positive) Informative (positive) x 1
  4. Stefan

Stefan Unregistered Codex: Invisorum Resolute Honorable Herald of Eternals Revered Herald Magnate Herald Superposition Ordo

Media:
    Albums:
    Local Time:
    11:12 PM
    The game is still on my 'want to have' list and 'need to snatch out Denis & CO their hands as soon its released'. :wacky:

If I had the skills to develop a game (have tried before at my own but didn't work out :p(learning the programming language,...), then i'd be happily to help creating the game in my spare time. ;)

The cat could do it but...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  5. Mothman

Mothman Potential Pledge

Local Time:
    5:12 PM
    In a perfect world, this game would have been funded. I pray that in the future, this game will be released in some form. I wish I could have helped in some way, but this year, many things have had a tight grip on my wallet. I'm sorry to say I have not been an active member for many reasons. But a break is probably necessary. I see that the project has not been dropped. I'm happy to see that. As a fan of Eternal Darkness, I've been waiting for more than a decade, like many people, for a similar game. I'll try to be by your side when you return. See you soon...
    • Like (positive) Like (positive) x 5
  6. Martin W

Martin W Moderator Staff Member Codex: Invisorum Resolute Superposition Moderator Ordo

Local Time:
    Thanks for the response. We all want the game to happen and I don't believe anyone on the team will stop trying to make it happen until they have exhausted every single option and I am sure at this point - that there are still options to be had.
    • Agree (positive) Agree (positive) x 4
  7. bloodraven43

bloodraven43 Inner Circle Ordo Community Champion Honorable Superposition Ordo

Local Time:

glad to hear roach...im always hoping for the best
  8. Stefan

Stefan Unregistered Codex: Invisorum Resolute Honorable Herald of Eternals Revered Herald Magnate Herald Superposition Ordo

Media:
    Albums:
    Local Time:
    11:12 PM
    [​IMG]
    • Funny (positive) Funny (positive) x 2
  9. CORE.Axiom

CORE.Axiom Inner Circle Ordo Community Champion Artisan Scribe Oathbound Resolute Honorable Superposition Ordo

Local Time:
    2:12 PM
    I regret not seeing this official statement from Precursor Games putting Shadow of the Eternals on hold for now, but I did say some nice things on Kickstarter when it ended. (I took a break from my computer by taking advantage of a remodeling).

I'm happy to say I'm back catching up on stuff...and it looks like great timing too as I see a new update that I'll check out after this!

"Even if the winds of time and life scatter us, we will return.
    you put your faith in us, so we still have faith in you." - wassup2022

While the winds of time and life scattered me, I never forgot about this amazing community...and never lost faith this game will become reality. :)
    • Agree (positive) Agree (positive) x 1
  10. XenoManso

XenoManso Inner Circle Ordo Community Champion Codex: Invisorum Artisan Scribe Resolute Honorable Superposition Ordo

Local Time:
    Nice words Core.Axiom
    • Friendly (positive) Friendly (positive) x 1
  11. CORE.Axiom

CORE.Axiom Inner Circle Ordo Community Champion Artisan Scribe Oathbound Resolute Honorable Superposition Ordo

Local Time:
  12. 1289dude

Local Time:
    I think if they would have had a big announcement at E3 or a big gaming convention it would have performed better. Also releasing it on all current systems would be much better for fan base, but I'd say give special perks to Nintendo users since ED first came on Gamecube. And of course to people who have supported. But now I believe I can say.. when you guys start working on SOTE again. Even with these new games coming on Steam, being able to play it early and help developers I think is a great idea. Pre-order it early and gain access. I will keep supporting. Can't wait to hear more.
    • Like (positive) Like (positive) x 5
  13. Denis Dyack

Denis Dyack Chief Creative Officer Staff Member Precursor Games Eldritch Depository Codex: Invisorum Oathbound Featured Magnate Featured Superposition Administrator Ordo

Media:
    Albums:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the support! :) It much appreciated.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support! :) FYI - Phil and I just did the Order333 Podcast last night and it was a great deal of fun!
    • Agree (positive) Agree (positive) x 1
  14. wassup2022

wassup2022 Inner Circle Ordo Staff Member Community Champion Codex: Invisorum Resolute Honorable Herald of Eternals Featured Superposition Moderator Ordo

Local Time:
    Some really good topics last nighT!
  15. 1289dude

Local Time:
    One thing I'd to maybe have a suggestion is get with Nintendo if its possible and release a HD version of Eternal Darkness and have videos, etc. to help support SOTE that would really gain some notoriety, but from all the forums and such I read about a LOT of people didn't know about the game. I think the more people know about it, aka advertisements on WII U, Steam, etc.. it'd really help out. Now, I'm no marketing director or anything so I don't know how things go about, but... some personal incites I think would help from fellow gamers like myself.
  16. Phil Haymes

Phil Haymes Chief of Strategic Ideation Staff Member Precursor Games Eldritch Depository Codex: Invisorum Artisan Scribe Oathbound Resolute Featured Superposition Administrator

Media:
    Albums:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the info, every option is being explored but it's gonna take time. Appreciate the feedback man!
  17. CORE.Axiom

Local Time:
    :) ... :)

... :)
  18. Tobi

Tobi Inner Circle Ordo Community Champion Codex: Invisorum Scribe Resolute Honorable Herald of Eternals Superposition Ordo

Local Time:
    I know one of the big problems the kickstarter campaign had was the lack of availability of the original Eternal Darkness to fall back on and use as a reminder. Most people have of course gotten rid of their Gamecubes and the game itself cannot be played without one. It makes it very difficult to especially sell to a new audience when they are unable to experience the original for themselves.

Here's the thing, a recent news report seems to indicate that Nintendo has to, at some point in the next three years, use the trademark or they will lose it. It'd be nice if this would spur some action from them in the near-term, and hopefully they won't drag their feet on it for the entire period given to them. But still, at the very least Nintendo should try to actually release it on VC.
  19. CORE.Axiom

Local Time:
    I would like to think it is only a matter of time before Nintendo releases GameCube games on the Wii U. That would definitely get more gamers' attentions and help the Wii U.
  20. XenoManso

Local Time:
    Taht would be awesome
    I have never played GameCube games, so Nintendo can expect a lot of money from guys like me